Registered Nurse RN Medical Surgical Full time Nights Bedford TX
Registered Nurse RN Medical Surgical
Full time Nights
Sign on bonus – $10,000 for eligible Registered Nurses
Texas Health, Bedford TX
Registered Nurse (RN) -Medical Surgical- Great Learning Opportunities – Full Time – NightsAre you looking for a rewarding career and a tight-knit nursing team ? We’re looking for qualified Registered Nurse like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health HEB, 1600 Hospital Parkway TX, 76022
- Work environment: – Medical Surgical – Our 29 bed unit is a cohesive team environment that improves medical diagnosis such as pneumonia, COPD, Diabetes and much more. You will have the opportunity to float to other units with similar patient mix, such as the post surgical unit and Oncology. The typical nurse to patient ratio is 1:5 on the am shift and 1:6 on the pm shift
- Work hours: Full Time Nights, 36 hours weekly, rotating shift, rotating weekends/holidays
- Salary range: $27.50 – $52.88 (based on relevant experience)
- Sign on bonus – $10,000 for eligible Registered Nurses ( eligible upon hire with a signed retention agreement)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated “Baby Friendly” facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
- Associate Degree in Nursing; BSN preferred; Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN (required)
- CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency (required)
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS – upon hire – expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
- ACLS -upon hire required.
- CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training – within 60 days of hire
- 1 Year Experience as a clinical nurse or completion of nursing residency
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful RN will
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- maintain a positive, customer-focused attitude toward patients
- possess a strong work ethic and always display a high level of professionalism
- have basic computer skills using Medical management application systems
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health RN you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits (Eligible Full Time and Part Time employees) including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a place you’ll love to call home.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4 years running)
- “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
- Unlimited access to online continuing education for professional and career development. Plus an RN Step Program including NCAP and a nursing certification test-prep content for specialty nurses.
- A Nursing Excellence Advisory Board to provide the framework and methodology for funding projects to improve the quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
- A strong shared governance structure featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses to shape their work environment.
- A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Primary Location: Bedford
Job: RN/Registered Nurse
Organization: Texas Health HEB 1600 Hospital Parkway TX 76022
Shift: Night Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard