Full-Time Healthcare Network Database Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Healthcare Network Database Engineer
B. Braun Medical Inc.
Requisition ID 2016-8065
Company B. Braun Medical Inc
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US – TX – Carrollton
Category Information Technology
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Shift 8:00am to 5:00pm
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
The Network / Database Engineer will analyze hospital networks and available servers in preparation of the installation of B. Braun wireless devices including pumps and the associated server support software. The desired candidate must possess excellent wireless and wired network troubleshooting skills along with a thorough understanding of debugging techniques to allow for the assessment of different network topologies and how they could affect wireless performance.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
• On site assessment of Hospital networks
• On site assessment of Hospital servers
• Ability to use the assessment data to configure B. Braun systems to seamlessly integrate into the Hospital network
• Understanding of databases and their administration (Microsoft SQL+)
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve wireless connectivity issues at all levels including but not limited to DNS / DHCP, Radius, 802.1x, wireless Lan controller debugging, wired network configuration, routing configuration, etc.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
• Strong knowledge switching, routing, and wireless infrastructures
• Strong Knowledge of database set up and manipulations
• Ability to install server software
• Understanding of embedded software configuration and updates
• Strong communication and technical writing skills.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
Expertise: Qualifications – Experience/Training/Education/Etc
• Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field, preferred.
• Working knowledge of networking protocols
• Working knowledge of wireless authentication and encryption protocols
• Working knowledge of wireless site surveys and how to interpret them
• Working knowledge of CISCO, Aruba and Meru wireless solutions both hardware and software
• Working knowledge of data and network encryption
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
• Minimum of Cisco CCNA certification
• Minimum 5 years of network and server support
• Business travel required.
• Good customer interface skills
• Medical device experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/px9wd8r4pd
How to Apply
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/px9wd8r4pd